Sunday, May 24, 2015

Iceland - Day 13

May 24, 2015

Our goal for Day 13 was to get as far as possible into the Westfjords and back to Brjánslækur on the south coast in time to catch the ferry to Stykkishólmur. Most of the picutres from the day are from random pretty spots on the drive.





We did, however, stop to hike at Dynjandi, or the Wedding Cake Falls.
























We took the ferry down to Snæfellsnes peninsula. Somehow, it didn't even occur to me that I might get seasick on the boat. It wasn't horrible, but I did concentratre really hard the whole time on keeping my stomach calm. Luckily, L was able to walk around and take some pictures of all the sights from the ferry.





When we got to Brjánslækur, we checked into Harbour Hostel then headed out for dinner. L finally got the infamous Hákarl, a putrid form of rotten, fermented shark. I really thought it was going to come back up there for a second.







No comments:

Post a Comment